Monday, March 18, 2019

Paperartsy | Masculine & Feminine Mandalas


Hi everyone, it's Jenny here - I seem to be having a bit of a mandala kick at the moment – I absolutely can’t get enough of them. Today I’m featuring a beautiful mandala set by Tracy Scott.



I wanted to use the set to create both a feminine and masculine version. For the first card, I stamped the three largest mandalas in embossing ink onto an A2 panel of pink cardstock, and then embossed in metallic gold embossing powder.


I then used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide and a blender brush, to blend pink up from the base towards the centre of the panel. As the Oxide is opaque, it covers the colored cardstock, and the embossing resists the ink (with a little help from a buffing cloth).


I added a few spatters of clear glitter spray and then stamped the Thinking of You sentiment from Visible Image Go To Words set in black ink. To finish I added a few pink and iridescent clear sequins.

For the masculine card, I took a panel of dark grey cardstock, and stamped the mandalas again in embossing ink. 
This time I heat embossed them in Emerald Creek Patina Oxide embossing powder which is a green and gold coppery type powder.
I then re-stamped the mandalas over the top in embossing ink only, leaving a pale grey image behind. The embossing powder resists the ink and it creates a watermark type look.

For my sentiment, I used the Visible Image set again, heat embossed in white on black cardstock then popped up on foam tape.
I really like how they turned out so differently and yet pair together! Looking at a set with a masculine and feminine card in mind will help you stretch your stamps and come up with some fab ideas you might never have thought of otherwise!  You can see more details on the supplies I used over on my blog.  
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10