Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Poppy Sympathy


Hi, Everybody! Toni here.  This week we are featuring Darkroom Door collage stamps and the Darkroom Door White Crayon.  This was really interesting as I've never used a resist crayon before and was surprised by the results.


I started my card by stamping a barely there version of the Darkroom Door Pretty Poppies on my card front which then allowed me to more easily place the Darkroom Door White Crayon where I thought it would be most effective--around the frame and among the text.


I then stamped the poppies with Versafine Vintage Sepia so I could watercolor with Zigs. It was easy to see the resist happening as the water beaded up over those areas.


Next I worked more on the background behind the poppies, adding additional Zig shadows and Distress Oxide bricks and spots of the Visible Image Meshing Around stencil.



Now what really surprised me is what happened when I used a heatgun to speed up the drying of the watercolor.  The Darkroom Door White Crayon disappeared!  I still had the white resisted parts but now was afforded the opportunity to add even more layers of color to those formerly covered areas if I chose.  So cool! I did end up coloring more of the poppies that had been part of the resist before but otherwise I left it as is.


To see the full list of ingredients and more of my creations, visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10