Saturday, February 15, 2020

Darkroom Door Bohemian Lace Journal & Poppy Card


Happy Sunday friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you for a Saturday Special post.  I'm sharing a super quick and easy altered journal/sketchbook that you could easily make as gifts for your boho loving friends. 


My friend @carolinasweetlee taught me this technique for making chalkboard paper.  Simply freshly reink your Black Soot Distress Oxide pad and rub it until you cover 98% of a sheet of cardstock.  The white spaces look like a wiped chalkboard.  Now, you need to let this dry 100%!  It will give you black fingerprints and you can easily make a mess, so heat set the paper and set aside for a while.  And clean your fingers!  ;0

I had intended to turn this panel into a card, but liked it so much I adhered it to a purchased journal.  I stamped the Darkroom Door Arrows Background stamp in Black Soot DOX onto white cardstock and stitched it across the chalkboard piece.  Then I stitched lots of laces and velvet trim.


I embossed the Darkroom Door Wander Quote stamp in Brass EP and mounted it over my collage.  You could use any color of EP here to coordinate with your own trims.  I adhered a trio of vintage buttons along the top. 



Lastly, I sanded the kraft paged notebook to remove the sheen so it would tie in with the chalkboard.  I adhered my panel onto the front, then adhered lace "bookmarks to the inside front cover with cloth tape.


I used the remainder of my Black Soot chalkboard panel to whip out another simple card using the same stamps.  I tucked in a paper poppy and added red stitching and embossing to give this card more of a pop.  


I hope you find these projects inspiring and will take a peek at the Topflight Stamps shop for more Darkroom Door stamps to spark your muse.  

Find me on social media:
Blog:  SewPaperPaint
Facebook: Autumn Clark
Instagram: @sewpaperpaint
Pinterest: Autumn S Clark

Shop for Darkroom Door Stamps Now!
https://topflightstamps.com/collections/darkroom-door-australia

https://topflightstamps.com/products/darkroom-door-arrows-background-red-rubber-cling-stamps?_pos=3&_sid=a42d1ef9a&_ss=r

https://topflightstamps.com/collections/darkroom-door-australia/products/darkroom-door-wander-red-rubber-cling-stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10