Wednesday, February 12, 2020

If Nothing Changed . . .


Hello, everyone!  Toni here with you sharing a dreamy butterfly card using PaperArtsy Eclectica Tracy Scott 26 and PaperArtsy Sara Naumann Butterflies PS122 Stencil.


Aren't those bold PaperArtsy butterflies amazing? I chose to use the smaller of the two so I could have a few on the card.  Btw, this is a 5x7 card rather than my usual A2. I plan to frame this . . . perhaps even during my lifetime. LOL.

My first step was to stamp the PaperArtsy Eclectica Tracy Scott 26 butterflies using Versafine Onyx Black. I then masked them so I could work on the background.


I first lightly sponged Prism Ink Blackcurrant Jam and Mauve Moment on the card background.  I then used Blue Lagoon with the PaperArtsy Sara Naumann Butterflies PS122 Stencil and Distress Oxide Weathered Wood with the PaperArtsy JOFY PS147 Stencil.


I followed that up with Distress Oxide Mustard Seed and the Visible Image Meshing Around stencil and a few Studio Light Art by Marlene Little Ladies images stamped with Weathered Wood.
 

 

Talk about dreamy but I didn't stop there!  I stamped one of the Lavinia Dandelions with Prism Ink Evergreen and Rainforest Green. I then stamped the Lavinia Moon Pods with Distress Oxide Peeled Paint.



My last step was to unmask the butteflies.  I considered not coloring them at all but I really wanted one to pop out so I watercolored it with Prism Inks. I smooshed the inks onto an acrylic block and used a fine watercolor brush and water.  Mmm, so vibrant. And a bit intimdating--do you see angry cat eyes too? 



I hope you have a great rest of your week!  In the meantime, check out the latest from Topflight Stamps

You can also check out my other creations by visiting my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10