Monday, February 24, 2020

Katzelkraft Steampunk Mixed Media Bird Tag


Hello friends, it's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a mixed media tag featuring a gorgeous stamp set by Katzelkraft called Carte Postale.  I am new to working with Katzelkraft stamps, but am already addicted!  I purchased a sheet of EZMount so I could use my stamps with my stamp platform easily. 


I love creating backgrounds from stamps, especially using small stamps to make repeat patterns.  I chose the thin lines stamp and stamped it on my watercolor paper tag up and down horizontally, then added a few vertical stamps to make a cross hatch design.  I embossed the stamping with Seth Apter's Baked Texture in Ancient Amber along the center of my tag and added an older Emerald Creek EP along the edges for contrast.  I inked the tag using direct to paper (DTP) with Prism Ink Pads in Smoked Paprika, Wild Mushroom, Slate Grey, and Roasted Coffee.  Next, I added some die cut gears, which I embossed with Seth's Chunky Rust.  I glued the gears to my tag as shown.  


I inked a panel with the above mentioned pads and stamped the bird and leaf motif twice each.  I cut one bird into a tag, then cut the wing and clock from the second to layer.  I attached a brad to the wing so it could flap back and forth making an interactive element.  ;0  I stamped parts of the postcard image and in Roasted Coffee to add contrast.  I used the same ink to add watercolor shadows to the image.  


I mounted the smaller tag over the larger with some vintage holey paper, sisal fibers and the fussy cut leaves.  I attached some motivational stickers to finish it off.  I adore this stamp set and can't wait to use it again.  Make sure to check out all of the Katzelkraft stamps at Topflightstamps.com


Have a great week!  Autumn

Facebook: Autumn Clark
Instagram: @sewpaperpaint
Pinterest: Autumn S Clark






2 comments:

01 09 10