Friday, January 28, 2022

Jane's Doodles Whales Birthday Tag

 

 

Happy Friday! Ericka here from Strangely Creative and I'm continuing the Design Team theme using Jane's Doodles stamps. I decided to make a mixed media tag using the Whales set along with some Hunkydory Prism Glimmer Mists and Brushmarkers in Lagoon. 

I started by spraying the Prism Glimmer Mists in Glamour Gold, Boy Blue, and Midnight Black on my large media tag. I also used the mists on some cheesecloth and set it aside to dry.  I stamped some of the whales and plants and cut them out using my Brother Scan and Cut. I then used the Brushmarkers in a variety of blues to color them up.

I used Multi Medium Matte to adhere the colored cheesecloth to the tag. At the bottom of the tag I used the WOW! Embossing Mixed Media Brush to apply Sparkling Sand and Oiled Slate embossing powder for a sandy look. I then used foam tape to adhere my whales and plants to the tag. I stamped the birthday sentiment in black ink and then used a blending tool to add black ink around the edges of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with some fun craft time.


Topflight Stamps Supplies Used:












2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the cheesecloth, Ericka! Your mix of blues are luscious and give depth to the ocean. The plants at the bottom add that extra touch. Nicely crafted. I will put that stamp on my wish list - it is an excellent choice for a good friend of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Mary. It was so fun to make and I can't wait to see what you make with this great set.

      Delete

01 09 10