Saturday, January 21, 2023

Lavinia cards with Alanna

 Hello friends! Alanna here and I am so excited to be posting for the first time on the Top Flight Stamps blog. I will be posting inspiration every other Saturday and I look forward to sharing those creations with you. For today, I have a fun couple of cards to share with you.

One of my favorite brands that Top Flight Stamps sells is Lavinia. I just love all the fairies and the silhouette style of stamps. To get started, I took the Posy stencil from Lavinia and set it over top of a piece of white watercolor card stock. I then took the gorgeous Kingsfisher Mysticals Mist Spray, also from Lavinia, and sprayed that over top of my stencil. It doesn't really photograph well but these sprays have some shimmer which I absolutely love. When I was done adding my spray, I carefully lifted up the stencil and I was left with a very fun background. 

Sidebar: There are a ton of colors in the Mysticals Mist Spray lineup from Lavinia. How fun would it be to make a collection of cards using an assortment of the sprays with the same stencil? I think that would make such a great gift.

Okay, back to my cards. After my backgrounds were dry, I took the Fairy Toadstool stamp from Lavinia and stamped it onto the bottom left corner of my panels. I used my stamp positioner tool to stamp it repeatedly since I was stamping onto watercolor cardstock. I then took the Seren image from Lavinia and stamped her, so she was directly on top of the toadstool image. 

I trimmed my stamped panels down and matted them onto some black cardstock. I then added the panels to white A2 sized notecards. I added a simple stamped sentiment and then finished off the cards by adding some Diamond Sparkles Precious Pearls from Hunky Dory.

Here's one final look at one of the cards. I'm so glad you stopped by today and I hope you were inspired. 

Click on the links below to be taken directly to that product in the Top Flight Stamps store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10