Happy Monday, friends!
It’s Walter on the blog with you today and the theme this week is
Anything Goes. My mind immediately
turned to another my favorite brands, L’ENCRE at l image, and one of their
recent releases, Arsene my Sweetheart.
This character is adorable and so versatile – he can be royalty, a
clown, a magician, or just a simple boy like I portrayed him this week. I paired him with elements from another
L’ENCRE product, Imminent Departure, to create a wonderful, inspirational card.
I began by deciding on the placement of my paper airplane,
boy, and paper boat. I then stamped
those images onto an A2 sized piece of watercolor paper and then stamped them
again onto masking paper. I created masks
to protect my images and make it easier to watercolor the background. Once the masks were fussy cut, I covered my
images and got ready to color the panel.
I used colors from Lindy’s Magicals Nantucket Pearls (Whale Watch Blue & Salt Water Taffy) to watercolor a blended evening sky. The Lindy’s Magicals blend so easily, and the bits of mica give such an amazing shimmer. I started by misting my panel and then sprinkling a little bit of Whale Watch Blue at the top of it. I used a paint brush to move the color around while spraying with additional mists of water as needed to move & lighten the color. I continued adding blue and then started to mix in a little Salt Water Taffy about 2/3 of the way down the panel before switching to just the pink to finish it off.
Once dry, I stamped the compass image behind the paper
airplane and my sentiment with clear embossing ink. I sprinkled silver embossing powder over the
compass and removed the mask. I then
sprinkled white embossing powder over the sentiment and heat set both images.
I was now ready to add color to my stamped images. I removed the remaining masks and started coloring them with alcohol markers. I used two light shades of cool gray color the paper airplane and boat. I chose colors for the rest of the boy image that would allow me to use just a few to not overwhelm the scene. I have a tip for you for coloring hair – especially curly hair – that a friend passed along to me. I began by uniformly coloring his hair with a darker shade of brown. I then used the fine tip end of a lighter brown to add little dots to lighten up portions of the darker brown. The final step was to use a darker shade of orange and add more dots. Coloring hair this way gives it the illusion of texture and highlights that make it more interesting than just one color.
I finished off the scene using a silver metallic marker to
add varying sizes of dots in the sky to represent stars and then adding three
Hunky Dory Diamond Sparkles Silver Pearls.
This scene is so charming and cute!
The sentiment, which translates to “I want my dreams to come true,” is
so fitting and is certain to inspire and encourage someone.
I hope that you enjoyed this creation and post. I’ll see you here again next week. Until then . . . be well!









No comments:
Post a Comment