Hello, friends! It's another Monday with Walter on the blog with you. This week's theme for the design team was anything goes. What I love the most about anything goes is that it gives us an opportunity to show how you may mix and match brands to create really fun designs. I happen to adore the style of illustrations that Chou & Flowers uses in their designs. They're beautiful with just a touch of whimsy and may be used for any occasion. Sometimes you're looking for a card to celebrate love/romance in general - not for a birthday or to celebrate an anniversary, but just to say I love you. Today's design does just that!
I chose the woman holding flowers, string of lights, and word Love from the Chou & Flowers Romance Stamp Set to feature in my design. I stamped them onto an A2 size piece of watercolor paper. I also stamped them onto masking paper to create a protective barrier for the stamped images. I fussy cut the masks and applied them to the images.
I was now able to color my background using a little bit of the Salt Water Taffy powder from Lindy's Magicals Nantucket Pearls set. I used a small plastic spoon to sprinkle just a little bit of the powder around the panel. A little goes a long way with these pigment powders and I only wanted a light background for my design.
Next, I used a spray bottle with water to mist over the panel several times. I suggest adding water until you see the powder dissolved. Once that happened, I picked up the panel and let the fluid move around the panel to achieve the varying degree of color.
I sped up drying the background with a heat tool on low. Once dry, I placed the PS517 stencil from Paper Artsy and aligned the musical notes over the image of the woman. I then used a blending brush and stenciled that over her (remember - she is still masked!) using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink on the top portion and Lost Shadow on the bottom portion. I did that to give it more of an ombre effect.
I then choose the color of alcohol markers that I wanted to use and colored my images.
I then stamped the words Romance and L'amour using Pumice Stone Distress Ink and three hearts with Lost Shadow. There were two final touches: use Wink of Stella (or any clear shimmer pen) to make the light bulbs sparkle and then added three Purple Diamond Sparkles from Hunky Dory to embellish.
I'm really happy with how it turned out. Such a simple design to create and just so full of bright colors!
Thanks for spending some time on the blog with me today. I'll see you again next Monday for more crafty fun. Until then . . . be well!
Topflight Stamps Products Used










No comments:
Post a Comment