Tuesday, February 27, 2018

High Tea Emboss Resist - Studio Light, Ultimate Crafts and ClarityStamp

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!

Today I have a pretty, soft card for you using stamps by Studio Light and Ultimate Crafts. I used the emboss resist technique with ink blending, and some simple Copic coloring to create the card. 





The stamps I used were this Studio Light background stamp which features gorgeous distressed flourishes, and Ultimate Crafts High Tea which features some super pretty, hand drawn look stamps which I love.   Both are clear cling stamps. 



I also used these AMAZING brushes from ClarityStamp for ink blending.  They make blending so easy to get a beautiful, light subtle blend, with no big marks!



To create the card, I first created the background panel.  I stamped the Studio Light Stamp in Versamark embossing ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and then heat embossed in white embossing powder.  


I trimmed the cardstock down to 4" x 5.25" and then used one of the Clarity brushes to blend three colors of pink dye ink across the panel, getting lighter towards the top.  To really bring out the embossed pattern, when done blending, take a dry babywipe and gently buff the embossing to remove any excess ink.   I also spattered a little bit of gold spray mist onto the panel with a paintbrush.  I popped the whole panel up on foam tape to a Neenah Solar White card base.


I stamped the images from the Ultimate Crafts High Tea in copic friendly black ink, and then colored them with Copic markers (three shades of RV and three shades of BG).   I added some gold gel pen for accents to match the background spatter, and some Sugar Stickles glitter (colorless glitter) on the cake and tops of the macarons for subtle sparkle.   I then trimmed them out with my Scan N Cut. 



The sentiment was from a set in my stash and was heat embossed in gold onto light grey cardstock, and trimmed out using a fishtail banner die.   I popped it, and the images up onto the panel using foam squares.   

Hope you like it!  If you want to see a full list of supplies, please hop over to my blog here.   Have a fabulous day !

Jenny 

1 comment:

01 09 10