Thursday, February 8, 2018

It's the Doggy Olympics!

Hi Topflight fans! Today I'm coming to you with a piece made in honor of the 2018 Olympics (which starts today) but made with a CraftyPaws (aka doggy) twist. 



I was inspired by the Visible Image Stars and Stripes Stencil. I wanted a distressed/blurry look so I used kitchen and bath latex caulk like modeling paste and was able to get a great texture of stars and stripes. Then to achieve a mottled, bokeh look for the field of blue and red stripes, I used Ken Oliver Color Bursts and spritzed it with some Heidi Swapp Sheer Color Shine for some shimmer.


I used the Katzelkraft Dogs stamp set and Katzelkraft Funny Accessories stamp set to create the doggy athletes representing the USA, UK and Italy (randomly chosen based on the accessory stamps). I did a little bit of stamp altering and doodling to make the American Doberman, British Husky and Italian Basset Hound, and I Copic colored, fussy cut and popped them all up standing on the medal podium.





This project was so much fun to think up and craft. Thanks for joining me today. If you're interested in any more of the details or watching a process video of stenciling with caulk, please check out my blog post HERE.

1 comment:

01 09 10