Monday, November 19, 2018

Studio Light Frozen Forest - Easy Embossing with Patterned Paper

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the Topflight Stamps Blog!  It's Jenny here, and I have a card  project today uses patterned paper by Studio Light as the base.  The paper I'm using is the Frozen Forest paper pad.  


This beautiful faux watercolor image of trees in a snowy forest inspired my card.   I didn't want to cover it up so I used heat embossing to accentuate the image with a Fractal Snowflakes background stamp by Ultimate Crafts.


I stamped the background image in Versamark embossing ink directly over a trimmed down piece of the patterned paper (4.25" x 5.5") and heat embossed in white.  In a couple of places I missed some of the embossing, however I thin the distressed look of the snowflakes goes perfectly with the background.


For some definition, I inked around the edges with Distress Ink in Weathered Wood, blending inwards slightly.

My sentiment is from the Studio Light Frozen Forest Holiday Sentiments which is a beautiful set with so many great fonts. 



It was stamped onto vellum with Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I die cut out the sentiment with a stitched rectangle die, and to adhere, backed it with wide double sided tape so there was no adhesive showing (see the close up),  and adhered it directly to the card.  This is a great way for adhering sentiments stamped on vellum directly to your card when you have no where to hide the adhesive!


As a finishing touch, I popped some white and sparkling clear sequins and confetti onto the card with liquid adhesive.  I lovvvve how this turned out - I hope you do too - so super easy and yet a very effective result!  Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10