Monday, November 5, 2018

Circular Pattern Stamping with For the Love of Stamps

Hi everyone and Welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and today I'm showing you how to use picture stamps to create circular patterns on your projects.


Both of my cards use Hunkdory Crafts For the Love of Stamps stamp sets.  I'm using I Love London and Woodland Animals.


For both cards, I trimmed a panel of cardstock down to 4"x4" and used a wreath builder stencil and a stamp positioning tool to stamp the images in a circular pattern, but you could also do this by eyeballing it using an acrylic block.  

For the first card, I used a dark orange cardstock, and stamped the owl four times in Versamark embossing ink, and heat embossed in Copper embossing powder.  I then stamped the two smallest owls and heat embossed in Pink Champagne.  The acorn was next, heat embossed in Rose Glintz.  I then backed the panel onto kraft cardstock 1/4" larger and adhered to a card base.   I added Nuvo glitter drops to embellish.  To finish, I stamped the sentiment from the set in Versamark onto black cardstock and heat embossed in white, trimmed it out and popped it up on foam tape in the centre.



For my next card, I used the I Love London set, and started with the double decker bus image.  I stamped it eight times in black ink on white cardstock, and let it overlap the preceding image. On its own this created an interesting pattern.  I then overlaid it with the Big Ben image, stamped in Red.


I stamped the sentiment in Blue in the centre (to match the british union flag colors) and adhered the panel to black cardstock cut 1/4" larger, and backed it onto a white card base.



Two very different looks using the same technique!  You can use many of the stamp sets by For the Love of Stamps in this way to create interesting patterns!  Have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10