Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Dream!

Greetings! It's Kathi here today! As you might know, this week my teammates and I are showcasing products by That's Crafty.  I've taken the CAS route with my card that features the gorgeous Boho Vibes Clear Stamp Set 1 by Ingrid Kristina V. This set contains a large, beautiful dreamcatcher and three sentiments.

Here's my card, that will fit into a #10 business envelope:


The dreamcatcher was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink, then heat set with sparkly black embossing powder. I colored the image with watercolor pencils, which I hadn't used in forever and two days. In fact, it took me a minute or so to remember where I had stored them. Oops.

After the image was colored, highlights were added with a yellow paint pen, a shimmer product, and Glaze pen. The dreamcatcher was so pretty that I discarded my plan to use Brushos in the background and instead left the background white, distressed the edges, then gilded them with a leafing pen.

I decided that I was going to create a nice Brusho background and die-cut the sentiment. It came out pretty, so I'll share it with, though in the end, I opted to use the leafing pen to color the sentiment. 

Here are two photos of the  backgrounds using Violet, Ultramarine, and Purple Brushos

This is just spritzing one piece of watercolor paper with water then sprinkling the Brushos. I just love the patterns and movement of the colors.



This photo is after spritzing the Brusho paper, pressing a second paper onto it, sprinkling the Brushos, and spritzing again. Both sheets were heat set and are being stored to be used at a later date.


If you'd like to find out more about this project, please hop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping for more information!

Topflight Products Used and/or almost used:







Thanks for visiting today! See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10