Sunday, February 27, 2022

Butterfly Slimline Card

 Greetings! It's Kathi here to share a project with you today. When I first saw the new Butterfly Illuminate Rubber Cling Stamp Set by Soraya Hemming for Carabelle Studio and the Illumination Stencil Mask by Soraya Hemming for Carabelle Studio, I knew that I had to have them soonest since they have such a cool Steampunk vibe to them. 

Here's my slimline card!


Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp all three of the gorgeous butterflies onto mixed media cardstock and onto repositionable label paper. The label paper butterflies were fussy-cut and placed atop their counterparts on the image panel as masks.

Periwinkle Prism Ink by Hunkydory Crafts was brushed over the masked butterflies, then brushed again over the Illumination Stencil Mask by Soraya HemmingSilver Dollar Prism Mist by Hunkydory Crafts was sprayed over the image panel to add shimmery silver splotches and splashes. Sadly, you'll have to take my word for it since it's not showing up as well as I'd like. 

The image panel was heat set and die-cut using a plain slimline cutting die.

The masks were removed and reserved for another use. The butterflies were colored with Zig Clean Color markers. I definitely need to improve my skill set with those markers. 

Silver glitter marker was used to add flight trails. Silver cardstock was die-cut with another slimline die and used to mat the image panel.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for detailed instructions and complete supply lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10