Friday, July 7, 2017

Design Team Reveal Day 5

Welcome back to the Topflight Stamps Blog. Today we are so happy to introduce our 5th and final design team member Irit Shalom. Here is more about Irit in her own words and her first post. 

"My name is Irit Shalom and I am an Israeli designer and Mixed Media artist. In my “real” life I was a working full time Dentist for 33 years and last year I decided to retire and to spend more time with my family and my crafty addiction. I am a Mom of 4 grown- ups, a wife of a high police retired officer and a Grandma of 3 adorable little people. I am a versatile crafter: I scrapbook, make cards, create Mixed Media projects and Out of Page ones. I am also very versatile on my styles and they totally depend on the products I use.  But, in any of my projects and my styles I try to add some stamping. Over the years I have been a Design team member for dozens of manufacturers around the world. I am published in numerous print magazines and a CHA design section member. I hope to inspire you with my projects here and I am honored to be on this great team."

Hello my Dear Crafty Friends!

I am thrilled to be one of the new Topflight Stamps Design Team members. This is my first post. We were asked to make something in our style and I had a huge problem as I am not sure what my style is. Usually I call it "my no style" style, as I work in every possible style, but cute. My style depends on the products I use, my state of mind and the time I have  to make the project. Sometimes this can be a big dark industrial or Steampunk project. Sometimes it can be shabby pastel or brown vintage one. Some days I am in this clean and simple state of mind and some days it's graphic or totally classic project.

Today I am going to share one of my most visible projects and I call it "Light Mixed Media". By " light" I mean that I used mediums and even a lot of them, but the products are not totally clustered and you can see the actual products and to be able to identify them when you are going to shop.

Let me promise you,  Topflight Stamps has the best non-USA stamps collection and not only in USA!

Here is my project for today- an altered Mixed Media door hanger made in a kind of modern and even graphic way.


The base of this project is a very thick chipboard door hanger (Tando Creative UK) that was covered with Art Anthology stencils and mediums. Then the chipboard hexagons were added and I moved to the stamping.

I need to say that one of my always used techniques in stamping is heat embossing. I love the shiny result of heat embossed images and the easiness of coloring inside when you heat emboss your stamped images.

I used two different  Rubber Dance stamp sets from Topflight Stamps shop and this is a company that I designed for two and a half years in the past, so I love their stamps a lot and I am very familiar with them.


Happiness is a state of mind is a most perfect sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance Something Wonderful sentiments set. This is a MUST TO HAVE set for any Mixed Media artist!

Rubber Dance - Something Wonderful Sentiment Stamp Set

The busy bees are two different  sized stamps from the same Rubber Dance Beautiful Bugs stamp set.

Rubber Dance - Beautiful Bugs Stamp Set

The stamped bees were  stamped with clear embossing ink, heat embossed with black embossing powder, hand cut and colored with dimensional paint and then misted all over with golden mist.
And here is one more photo of the project (no staging this time):


And if we are talking about my "no style" style, there is a print published page I want to share here. This is the latest Summer 2017 issue of Rubber Stamp Madness magazine and it's a column about styles. Two of the projects are mine and there is a bit about my "no style" there. The real reason  for adding this page is the Rubber Dance card that is there in print and made with one of the gorgeous stamp sets you can buy in Topflight Stamps shop.


I am not going to add much more about this card and you can read about it in the article if you wish.
But I am going to link to the stamp set as it's most gorgeous one!

Rubber Dance - Sew Sweet Sentiment Stamp Set
I hope that you liked my altered project for today.Thanks for reading my pretty long post. If you are interested to see more of my art work you are kindly invited to my own blog HERE!
See you again soon!

1 comment:

01 09 10