Thursday, November 16, 2017

Art Cards with Carabelle Studio Stamps

Happy Thursday, Karen Bearse here on Topflight with art cards using Carabelle Studio Stamps. Today I wanted to play with some heat emboss & I had a bit of an experiment. Is it better to put white emboss down before color or after? My question is, does the color bleed through if you put the emboss down after the color or does it go on white?



Here is my finished index card. My father has not been well and I want to document that feeling. This photo is when we were both much younger. Art cards or journals are a great place to put down difficult feelings. I definitely felt better after I got this card done, less stressed & worried. The bonus is a moment in my life is frozen for me to remember later.


The team is playing with Carabelle Studio this week. The stamp set I used is for my card is by designer Zorrotte, called Doodl'Art. This is not just a great background stamp and I love how the repeated hearts ended up looking. 
 


I also used the Fresco Paints by PaperArtsy to make my background. This technique was demoed by Seth Apter at Creativation 2017. Thanks Seth for letting me add this tutorial!






If you want to see how my experiment went you can check it out on my blog here. Thanks for joining me this week on Topflight Stamps & I will see you next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10