Sunday, September 9, 2018

Happy HOWL-oween!

Hello Topflight fans! Kristina CraftyPaws back here as a guest designer each Sunday for the rest of September to help showcase the awesome latest Katzelkraft products. I am a huge fan of Katzelkraft stamps and I was thrilled to see that they came out with a lot of new stamp sets that would coordinate with existing sets that I already love and own.


For this HOWLoween interactive scene card, I used the Doberman and Beagle from my absolute favorite Dogs Stamp Set along with the witches hat from the Funny Accessories Stamp Set, the small witches hat and haunted mansion from the new Halloween Stamp Set, and the cape and broom from the Pilgrim Stamp Set



I Copic colored all the stamped images, except the haunted mansion, which I used as a silhouette for the background. I then fussy cut all the pieces out and combined the witches hat and the cape on the Doberman, cutting the pup's ears and re-attaching them behind and around the hat to make them more visible and slightly trimming the cape to fit the dog's body a bit better. I gave the beagle the smaller witches hat and tucked him around the broom so that he could be flying through the air.



For the background, I made a mask with a circle die and some thick cardstock and blended on some Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade to create a bright moon. I next used the cut out circle as a mask over the moon and blended on Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire to create a night sky. To soften the edges of the moon and give it a bit of dimension, I blended on a little Seedless Preserves around the edges. Lastly I stamped the haunted mansion so that the turrets would be silhouetted by the moon and add interest to the background.


To create the foreground, I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Pop Up Die with extra heavy weight black cardstock and attached it to the card at the center fold. For an added bit of interactive fun I added a clear plastic piece (salvaged from some craft packaging) to the the back hill with a tiny brad and glued the bloom riding Beagle to the other end. The Beagle can now swing ... or fly through the air! I glued the witchy Doberman to the front hill, looking up to his flying buddy. As a finishing sentiment, I used a VersaMarker Pen and heat embossed "Happy Howloween" to the card base.





I had so much fun dreaming up and crafting this card. Thanks for stopping by for a "spell." If you'd like more detailed resources info or to watch a tutorial video of creating this card, please check out my blog post HERE.

1 comment:

01 09 10