Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Creating Mixed Media Style with Carabelle Stamps

 Hi, Connie here with a mixed media style card using a texture
plate, Gel Press and some pretty cool stamps by Carabelle Stamps.
I've never used a texture plate before and I wasn't disappointed.
You have got to try them!! Topflight carries lots of different
designs.  


I started by adding three colors of Fresco acrylic paints by Paper Artsy to 
the Gel Press.  Using the Speedball Brayer, to even the paint out, 
 white cardstock (6 "x 6") was used to pull the prints. 


 I kind of went wild (well I did go wild), so you
 will see more projects with these prints that were created today.
So fun I couldn't stop and eager to get more texture plates.


I used two of the prints to create the card.  One for the card base and the
other print for stamped images. A couple of the images are stamped
directly on the card front, as you will see. 

The sentiment and the postage stamp image were embossed with white 
embossing powder. Dimensional adhesive was used, on several
of the images, to create a layered look when adhering to the
 card front.  


I wanted the leaf to stand out so it was painted in with Fresco Finish/Gold Rush
acrylic paint by PaperArsty.  The card is speckled with black acrylic paint and a
wooden heart is added to the card front. 
Products used:

Thanks for stopping by
Connie Mercer/DT Member

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10