Monday, October 15, 2018

Cute Little Houses Two Ways - That's Crafty!

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog! It's Jenny here, and today I'm here with a couple of card projects that use the exact same stamp set, but which have a very different look. 



The set I'm using today is this whimsical Sketchy Houses by That's Crafty - Melina Dahl.  They're clear stamps and it's an extra large set, so the images are a great size for cards.   I just love the little heart touches and the style. 



I'm also using the Squiggles stencil by That's Crafty which is small but perfect for repeat stenciling or centre focal points like I'm doing here. 


For my first card, I used the stencil with some Shimmerz Barely Blue embossing paste, to create a focal point for my house.  I then heat embossed the smallest house and plant in white embossing powder.  



I scribbled over the images with Tombow markers in pink, purple and aqua, spritzed them with shimmer spray, then fussy cut them out.  I adhered them both with foam tape to the dried embossing paste, and popped the panel onto a white card base.  As a finishing touch I added Nuvo Glitter drops around the edge of the panel, and glossy accents to the windows for shine.


For my second card, I used a panel of grey cardstock and heat embossed the row of houses in WOW! Opaque Red embossing powder. I then ink blended Faded Jeans and Fired Brick Distress Oxides around the edges up to the outline of the houses. I flicked some water to create a mottled sky, and then die cut out the entire piece with a stitched rectangle die.  I also added Clear Wink of Stella to the houses for some shimmer.


I adhered the panel to a white card base, then added glossy accents to the windows again.  For the sentiment I used this fab Hello die by Studio Light which i die cut several times in red cardstock and layered together.  I backed with a panel of blue cardstock and then dropped Nuvo Crystal Glaze into the wells created by the die cuts.  When dry, I added another red die cut over the top and then adhered to my card!

I think you'll see you can get very different looks with the exact same stamp set by changing up your media and colors!  Hope you like it!! 

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10