Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Naked Truth


Hi, lovelies!  Toni here again with one of my journal pages.  It's October and nearing Halloween so I thought I would use Visible Image Mr. Bones Jangles as the focus of the page. You can't get more naked than a skeleton so I thought it was perfect for exploring truth--hiding/ignoring the truth about myself and others.
 

I started by covering the page in gesso to cover up most of what I had worked up previously.  That one didn't have the movement and interest that I wanted.  See what I mean?  I do love how the blue pops against the darker background tho.


On both versions I started with a base layer of color then masked, sponged, stenciled and stamped various patterns and textures to represent the swirling nature of thoughts (well, my thoughts anyway).  The  Visible Image Meshing Around stencil is one of my favs and it shows up better on the final version. 


Feel free to stop by my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, for a full list of ingredients and to see my other work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10