Monday, October 8, 2018

Indigoblu No Line Watercolor

Hi Everyone, welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog! It's Jenny here, and today I'm here with a card project that uses the absolutely gorgeous Nature III stamp set by IndigoBlu.  


I lusted after this stamp set for so long before I finally grabbed it and I decided to tackle the largest stamp in the set with no line watercoloring.  I say 'tackle' as this did take a lonnnng time to color in.  It's incredibly intricate and this technique requires patience at the best of times!


To create my card I used hotpress watercolor cardstock, which takes water well but is very smooth and great for stamping on.  I used Inkon3 fadeout ink to stamp my image, which creates a very pale outline allowing you to watercolor the image without a solid line (hence the 'no-line').


I used pan watercolors and a number 2 brush to color my image, primarily blending a dark yellow and a dark pink to create the blend on the main florals, and then a light and dark pink on the smaller flowers.    For contrast I added some details with color pencils. When finished, I added some glitz by coloring over the spots around the edge with a glitter gel pen.

I stamped the sentiment from the set in black ink and as a finishing touch, stamped the butterfly in dark ink once on the panel and then again on a scrap of watercolor cardstock, painted it and fussy cut it out, popping it up on foam tape on the card panel.


To finish, I die cut out the panel with a stitched rectangle die, matted it on burnt orange cardstock and mounted on a white card base.

The IndigoBlu stamp sets are some of my favorite - you might have noticed! I absolutely love their florals and butterflies - be sure to check them out over at the Topflight Stamps store!

Jenny

2 comments:

01 09 10