Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Alexandra Renke - Using Washi

Welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here, and I'm here to show you how to use some of the Alexandra Renke washi tape that Topflight Stamps has available in their store.   Washi tape is making a bit of a comeback right now, and the Alexandra Renke washi tape is absolutely gorgeous.  It truly deserves its own focus on a project.




I created two cards, both with a very similar technique, each showcasing a different tape.  The tapes I used were Sweet Pea (top) and Violet Magic (bottom).  



The cards I created are 4-bar (approx 5" x 3.34"), made from 110lb cardstock - I found that a smaller size stops the washi tape being lost in the white space of a larger scale card.   I trimmed two panels of cold press watercolor cardstock to the same size.  I then wrapped a strip of the washi tape around the panel, folding the excess around the edges, and adhered the panels to the card bases with glue runner. 



I created watercolor paint in a palette using the Violet and Cerise Paper Artsy Infusions powder (tape some powder in a well and use a waterbrush to mix the paint to your chosen opacity).   I picked up the paint on the waterbrush and flicked the paint onto the panel sparingly.  I thought the colors of this paint perfectly co-ordinated with the tape, and complemented the splatters already on the Violets tape. 



I heat embossed the sentiments (from a set by For the Love of Stamps - Sweet Tea Party) in white embossing powder onto cold press watercolor cardstock.  I then did a light wash of the violet and cerise paint over the top, trimmed it out and popped it up on foam tape.   To finish I added a scattering of sequins that co-ordinated with the tape. 



For details of more supplies used, please check out my blog.  Topflight Stamps carries a wide range of Alexandra Renke, including stencils and stamps.  Be sure to check them out. 

Jenny 



1 comment:

  1. Love the pretty colors of those washi tape. Fun ways to used them!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10