Thursday, April 19, 2018

Feminine Feline Mother's Day Card

Hey Topflight fans! I have several very strong women in my life whom I treasure and for whom I am so thankful. Today I'm sharing a feminine card that is also a little edgy. I used the Visible Image Live Life Now butterfly stamp as the focal point of the card. For the background, I started with Strathmore Bristol Paper to sprinkle on and spray with water some Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Merlot and Lemon Yellow. I also wanted a bit of soft pink so I water colored on some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Spun Sugar. After achieving a splotchy look I made sure it was totally dry before I moved on to the stamping.


I used a MISTI to repeatedly stamp the butterfly until I got a pretty dark saturated image. Then for good measure, I used a Momento Tuxedo Black Marker to fill in some areas that weren't quite as dark as I wanted due to the now slightly irregular card front texture. I wasn't totally satisfied with the dull black butterfly so ultimately I used VersaMark Ink and some Ranger Black Embossing Powder to fully emboss the splattery butterfly. Ohhh and all of a sudden it seemed to come to life!


For the sentiment, I dug through a stash of rub on sentiments and found the word "CHERISH" in a beautiful swirly font that I thought would complement and not distract from the butterfly. I carefully rubbed it onto the whole lower part of the card front. Next I inked the edges of the card front with some Versafine Black Onyx Ink before popping the whole piece onto a soft pink card base using fun foam scraps for a bit of dimension.


For finishing touches and a bit of sparkle, I added sequins in black, pale pink, true pink, yellow gold and lemon yellow. I placed the appropriately colored sequins on the background areas to match the watercolored background. I also used a bit of ebony black glitter glue to add a bit of extra sparkle and texture on top of the black sequins, along the body of the butterfly, and strategically on some of the splattery parts of the butterfly.

I hope you've enjoyed this fast and feminine card share as much as I enjoyed crafting it! If you'd like more details about the products or to watch the card making process video, please check out my blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10