Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Floral Watercolor

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and I have a floral card today, created using embossing paste over patterned paper, and watercolor using brush markers.


The image I'm using today comes from Indigoblu - one of the gorgeous super sized floral stamps.  This is the Peony stamp, and it is perfect for playing with your coloring mediums. 


The patterned paper I'm using today also comes from Topflight Stamps - it is the pink, ivory and green collection by Studio Light.  These papers are so pretty.  Soft and muted complementary colors, some with very faint floral and abstract images on them.


To create my card, I trimmed down a piece of the patterned paper to 4.25" x 5.5" and adhered it using strong glue to some sturdy white cardstock.   Using a stencil (Tim Holtz Speckles) I applied white embossing paste randomly, focusing more towards the bottom of the card, and lighter towards the top.


While the panel dried, I stamped the leaf and peony images in Versamark ink onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and heat embossed in white. I then used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor in the image but instead of water, I used a Clear Wink of Stella brush pen. I used Oatmeal on the leaves.  On the Peony I used Light Carmine in the shadow areas, blended into Pale Pink.  I added some Carmine into the deepest corners. When dry I added another layer, this time of Oatmeal, just into the darker areas but blending out over the whole petal.  This muted the pink slightly.   I then trimmed both images out.



When my panel was dry, I adhered it to a card base. I then popped up the peony with foam tape.  I snipped the leaves into three parts and slotted them in behind the peony.  The sentiment was die cut and embossed (Spellbinders Victorian Letters) on gold mirror foil cardstock and adhered with foam tape.  I scatted a couple of pink iridescent sequins to finish. 

As always, the full supply list can be found over on my blog.  Topflight Stamps carries several of the new Indigoblu large florals and Studio Light paper pads - be sure to check them out! 

Have a wonderful day!

Jenny 

1 comment:

01 09 10