Thursday, June 21, 2018

Doctor Who Anniversary Card

I can't believe it, but I'm actually ahead of schedule for my hubby's anniversary card! Our anniversary isn't until September, but when I picked up the Visible Image "Ahead of Our Time" stamp set, I knew I wanted to craft a special anniversary card for Mr. CraftyPaws with them, and I couldn't wait. The spiraling clock face, the falling people, and the open door stamps reminded me of the various scenes in "Doctor Who" where characters fall out of the Tardis time machine and adventures ensue with story options spanning all of time and space. My hubby is a huge Doctor Who fan, and I knew this theme would speak to him. 


To set the scene I created a galaxy background sprinkling and spritzing Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Ultramarine Blue and Indigo with water on Strathmore Bristol Paper. I blended Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Ink along the edges to create a darker, more dramatic galaxy look. Then I splattered watered-down titanium white acrylic paint with an old toothbrush to add a starry look.


I wanted the stamped images to stand out from the background so I used VersaMark Ink and Ranger Black Embossing Powder to heat emboss them. I positioned the images so that it would look like the man and woman were falling out of the open door into a spiraling time warp. To connect the clock a bit more with the falling couple, I added more black splatter dots that start at the top of the time warp stamp with a Sakura Black Glaze Pen.


Now at this point, you may be thinking that this scene is not really appropriate for an anniversary card, but I think the sentiments (which I printed from my computer) bring it all together. I took a quote spoken by the Tenth Doctor: "People assume that time is a strict progression -- It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff." and combined it with another saying about true love: "You've found true love when you fall in love with the same person over and over." I cut apart the sentiments, inked the edges with more Black Soot Distress Ink and popped them all up on double sided foam adhesive for a bit of dimension.

I hope Mr. CraftyPaws enjoys this anniversary card as much as I enjoyed crafting it. If you'd like more information about the supplies I used or are interested in watching a process video of me crafting this card, please check out my blog post HERE. Thanks for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10