Thursday, June 7, 2018

Funny Punny Farm Animal Cards

Hi Topflight fans! Katzelkraft critter stamps have some of the best expressions, and the Katzelkraft Farm Animals Stamp Set does not disappoint. These animals are perfect for whimsical, punny cards. 


For my first card, I used the cow grinning from ear to ear under the sentiment, "My grandfather was a knight," which I printed from my computer. Inside, the card liner continues, "His name was Sir Loin." (yuk yuk). And under that sentiment, I stamped out the steak stamp from the Lawn Fawn "Let's BBQ" stamp set.


For the second card, I used the laughing donkey stamp along with the karate person kicking from the Diemond Dies Karate Die Set #1 to make a silly Fathers Day card. I printed from my computer the partial sentiment, "Hope your Father's Day is..." and then I added the kicking person plus the donkey to pictograph the words, "Kick Ass."


To maintain a CAS look, I first die cut the kicking person from white fun foam, but because I thought the dimension was not enough to give it enough visual weight to stand up to the donkey, I added a lemon yellow kicking person die cut over top. 

So that the karate person didn't look like he was floating, I used a Tim Holtz Shatter Stencil and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to indicate where the kick had hit and shattered a background of glass. I masked off the donkey before blending on the ink through the stencil using a Clarity Stamp Stencil Brush, which enabled me to gradually soften the broken glass look to blend to the white of the card front.


Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed crafting them. If you're interested in more details about the products I used or to watch the crafting process video, please check out my blog post HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10