Thursday, October 10, 2024

Mixed Media Tag Fun with Paint


Hello friends! Ericka from Strangely Creative here, ready to share a colorful mixed media tag that I had a blast making. I was in the mood to play with some purple and fun textures, so I dove into my stash and came up with a cheerful yet moody tag.

I started with a vibrant gel press print as my base, using PaperArtsy Fresco Paints in Bubble Gum and Byzantium. The bright pinks mixed with the deeper purple created a perfect backdrop with a dreamy, layered effect.


Next, I tore up some PaperArtsy Printed Tissue and used Mattint in Jam and The Pink to adhere the pieces to the tag. I absolutely love working with Mattints because they not only serve as glue for the tissue but also add a hint of color, blending everything together seamlessly. The combination of textures and subtle hues added a lot of dimension to the tag.

I’m a big fan of words on my tags, so I reached for AALL & Create’s Nightshade washi tape. I love how the black and white elements from the washi contrast with the bright background, grounding the design and giving it a touch of mystery. To finish off, I used PaperArtsy Fresco Paint in Eggplant around the edges of the tag. This rich purple helped draw the eye toward the center, creating a focal point and tying all the elements together.

This tag was a joy to create! I love how the colors, textures, and words come together in a cohesive and dynamic design. I hope this inspires you to break out your paints and washi and create something fun today!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a creatively colorful week! Until next time, happy crafting!

 

 Topflight Stamp Supplies


AALL & Create - Night Shade
AALL & Create - Night Shade
Shop at:
TP
PaperArtsy - Fresco Chalk Paint - Bubble Gum
PaperArtsy - Fresco Chalk Paint - Bubble Gum
Shop at:
TP
PaperArtsy - Fresco Chalk Paint - Byzantium
PaperArtsy - Fresco Chalk Paint - Byzantium
Shop at:
TP
PaperArtsy - Fresco Chalk Paint - Eggplant
PaperArtsy - Fresco Chalk Paint - Eggplant
Shop at:
TP
PaperArtsy - Mattint Jam
PaperArtsy - Mattint Jam
Shop at:
TP
PaperArtsy - Mattint The Pink
PaperArtsy - Mattint The Pink
Shop at:
TP
PaperArtsy - Printed Tissue Scrapcosy
PaperArtsy - Printed Tissue Scrapcosy
Shop at:
TP
Gel Press - Reusable Gel Printing Plate
Gel Press - Reusable Gel Printing Plate
Shop at:
TP
Speedball - 2
Speedball - 2" Brayer
Shop at:
TP




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10