Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Mixed Media Lobster

Welcome to the Topflight Stamps Blog!

Tomorrow is the 4th of July and we're celebrating with a sale!! It's one of our biggest sales of the year. Now is the time to stock up on all those items on your wish list. 


Today, I'm sharing a project I had so much fun making. I just love creating home decor pieces on reclaimed wood. I have a ton of little pieces of wood that I picked up from new home construction sites in my neighborhood. They come in various shapes and sizes. I clean them off and sand them down a little so I don't get splinters and then decorate them. 


For this one I painted the wood with my favorite gesso from Indigoblu. It's called Gee-Sso Good! Gesso. They sent it to me in a design team package years ago and it's been my favorite ever since. I will be adding it to the Topflight Stamps store soon. It's on my list of items to order from Indigoblu next week. It's light, quick drying and provides good coverage. 

After covering with Gesso, I randomly added several different shades of green and blue PaperArtsy Fresco Paints with a foam makeup blender sponge. To add a little more interest I used a light and dark shade of blue paint to the Indigoblu Woodgrain Stencil. It thought it looked a little like seaweed. It's available in the store now. 
Indigoblu Wood Grain Stencil
To finish it off I used some red and orange paints to create the Lobster using the Alexandra Renke Lobster Stencil

Alexandra Renke Lobster Stencil
These are the PaperArtsy Fresco Paints I used. 


Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check in tomorrow to meet our newest designer!!

~Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10