Monday, July 2, 2018

Visible Image - Gilded Buttefly

Hi Everyone, and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here, and today I'm joining you with a simple but pretty project that you can use to create a panel to hang on a wall like I've done here, or use the same technique for a card front. 


My project today uses the Visible Image Butterfly Ink stencil. 


To create my project, I used a canvas board and added three coats of white Gesso.  When dry, I adhered the Butterfly stencil over the top and using a foam applicator, coated the stencil opening with craft glue formulated for adding gilding flakes.  I left the glue to dry.  This special type of glue dries tacky, which is perfect for adding gilding flakes.  I'm using rose gold, with a few gold flakes thrown in.


When the glue was dry, I sprinkled over the gilding flakes, then rubbed them off with my finger until the image was left behind.    I then spritzed it with metallic lilac spray mist and left it to dry.  


To finish, I coated the image with sticky clear ink (I used Versamark Ink) and added a coat of clear embossing powder.  I repeated this three more times, and then for a final fifth coat, I used clear sparkle embossing powder.  This seals in all of the gilding flakes, and also adds shine.   

This art is now hanging in my daughter's bedroom - I hope you like it! For more supplies, go check out my blog


Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10