Monday, December 17, 2018

Darkroom Door | Clean & Simple Mixed Media

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here, and we are kicking off a week showcasing the awesome Darkroom Door.


My card today uses the Arty Hexagons stencil, and a quote stamp , both by Darkroom Door.  

This stamp is totally genius, and SO TRUE - who's with me?!



For my card, I was inspired by the grungy style of the sentiment to go a little mixed media - but as I'm not that into mixed media, I did it in my clean and simple style.  I first ink blended inks in red, orange and golden yellow, dark to light top to bottom, up the stencil on coldpress watercolor paper.  I then die cut out the piece with a stitched rectangle die, keeping the hexagons off to the side.


I stamped the sentiment in black ink directly over the top.  I then replaced the stencil, and selected a few of the hexagons and individually masked them off with mini post-it notes. I then used a palette knife to selectively add gold glitter embossing paste (Tonic Studios Nuvo) in three areas and left it to dry. When dry I adhered it to a kraft note card.

I hope you like it - honestly, I think I should probably frame this one up in my craft room LOL!  Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

01 09 10