Monday, December 10, 2018

Studio Light Art by Marlene - GIant Christmas Tag

Hi everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog! It's Jenny here, and today I'm featuring this giant Christmas tag I created using the Studio Light Art by Marlene Large Colorful Art Tags.



I normally create cards but the season of gift giving is upon us, and my three year old daughter has a couple of very large gifts this year, so I decided to create this tag with her in mind - lots of pink and sparkle!



I used the white tag from the set and painted it with a variety of PaperArtsy chalk acrylic paints, top to bottom: Sugar Plum, Bubble Gum, Bougainvillea, Wisteria, Smurf, and Mermaid, mixing them with a little water, and then slightly overlapping each of the colors.


I dried it with a heat tool, and then used Snowflake acrylic paint to add a few white spatters, and dried it again.  I trimmed a piece of the ribbon that came with the tags and soaked it in a mix of water and Bubble Gum acrylic paint, and then dried it.


I then stamped the Ultimate Crafts Fractal Snowflakes over the top in Versamark embossing ink and heat embossed with Rita Barakat Kiss of the Fairy embossing powder.  I stamped it again just over the top of the tag.



To finish, I added some silver sparkle die cut letters and scattered some snowflake sequins and pink gems to co-ordinate!

I love how this turned out, these tags are awesome for those big gifts (or art of course!)

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10