Monday, December 24, 2018

IndigoBlu | Quick and Simple Heat Embossed Holiday Cards

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the Topflight Stamps Blog - it's Jenny here with a super quick yet effective way to make last minute holiday cards.




The stamp I used is the fantastic Christmas Stag by IndigoBlu. It is a great stamp for coloring, but here I'm using it with some simple heat embossing on patterned paper.  



The paper is from the Black, Ivory, Gold and Green pad by Studio Light, which is A6 (just slightly wider than an A2 size card) and so you don't even need to trim it down - just your card base.




I stamped the image in Versamark embossing ink directly onto the centre of a green sheet, and then heat embossed in Brass embossing powder by WOW!  I then distressed the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink to create dimension, and adhered the piece to a white card panel. 


I stamped the sentiment in the corner in Versafine Onyx Black ink, which comes from the Frozen Forest Holiday Sentiments by Studio Light.  I then adhered the panel to a white card base.


As a finishing touch, I used Nuvo Drops to 'color' in the ornaments hanging from the stag's antlers.  I used a mix of Nuvo Jewel Drops in Key Lime, Glitter Drops in Emerald City, and Crystal Drops in Bottle Green.


This card was incredibly quick to make (with a little drying time)  - definitely something you can do in an emergency!  

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10