Monday, March 11, 2019

Color Blocked Butterflies

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog - it's Jenny here! The clocks went forward in the USA today - ugh - I hate losing an hour. Such a small amount of time yet it really throws your day off!! I thought I'd create a couple of cards to bright up the rest of the day!


Today I am over on the Topflight Stamps blog and I have two cards for you which feature a similar theme - color blocking. I'm using a technique I saw Yana Smakula use recently. I created two panels using sparkly cardstock in rose, pale pink and a sage green by adhering strips to a piece of A2 size cardstock. I then trimmed one of the panels into 1 inch strips and adhered them to a white card base using foam tape, switching each strip but keeping the green down the centre.

I kept each of the cards simple. For this one I used Carabelle Studios Flight of the Butterflies.
I heat embossed one of the butterflies on vellum with metallic silver embossing powder and then fussy cut it out.
I adhered it to the color block strips with a foam strip. I heat embossed the sentiment from For The Love of Stamps Occasion Sentiments in white embossing powder directly onto the color blocks. As a finishing touch I added some clear sequins.
For my second card, before I adhered the panel to a notecard, I used the gorgeous Butterflies Stencil by Alexandra Renke.

I smoothed silver glitter paste all over the panel.

When dry, I adhered it to a white notecard. My sentiment is the Layered Hello by Paper Rose Studio. I die cut it from vellum and some of the card stock left over from creating the color blocking.

I then adhered it the the centre of the card. I added a layer of Diamond Stickles for extra sparkle.

I thought it needed a little something else so I heat embossed the teeny tiny 'Love' sentiment (from an older Alexandra Renke Love Hearts stamp set) onto black cardstock in WOW! Bright White Opaque embossing powder, trimmed it out and popped it up on foam tape. I finished the card with some of the same sparkling clear sequins.

You can check out more info on the supplies I used over on my blog. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10