Monday, April 1, 2019

Darkroom Door Daffodils with Crayon Resist

Hi Everyone, Jenny here!



The team have a fun technique to showcase this week.  We are using the the Darkroom Door White Crayon to create some fun effects. 




For my card I used the Darkroom Door Dear Daffodils stamp. 


I stamped the image onto hot press watercolor cardstock using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I then used the crayon to highlight a few areas on the petals of the daffodils by drawing a small line on what would be the lightest part of the petal.  I then watercolored (with pan watercolors, Topflight carries these by Studio Light) the daffodils in yellow.  The paper resists the paint wherever there is crayon,  and the image remains white in those areas.


I then used the crayon again in a few places and then watercolored over with orange-yellow.  This second layer of crayon resists the orange-yellow and allows the yellow from the first layer to peep through.  I then used a dark orange for a third layer to add shadow (no more crayon added this time) and a tiny bit of brown.   

For the background, I painted it with sage green and then when dry, added hints of crayon in random areas.  I then went over it again with a darker sage green and you can see where the crayon resisted the paint and added texture to the background. 


I trimmed out the image and used craft foam to mount it onto a white card base.  The sentiment is from For the Love of Stamps Occasions Inserts and was stamped in brown ink and trimmed out. 



As a finishing touch I added a few clear droplet embellishments to the petals. 

You can find more details on the supplies I used over on my blog. 

Jenny  


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10