Thursday, April 11, 2019

Stencils and Alcohol Ink

Hello Topflight fans! Ericka here and I hope you are having a beautiful spring day. Today I'm playing with a stencil from Alexandra Renke and Alcohol Pearl Inks to make a fun bright card.


I used my this stencil (which is sold out but could be substituted with this one) with embossing paste on heavyweight Yupo paper.
https://topflightstamps.com/collections/alexandra-renke/products/alexandra-renke-splashes-round-mandala-ornament-stencil

After the paste was dry, I started playing with the alcohol pearl inks from Ranger.


I let the first layer dry and then came back with a little alcohol blending solution to reactive the ink and make it a little tacky. I then used some foil to add a little gold to my card. Check out the fun detail.

I love this bright look with the random gold. For more information on how I created my card feel free to check out my blog Strangely Creative.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. I love this card! The colors are gorgeous and the gold foil is super cool. Wish there was a video I will go to your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and technique! I wouldn't have thought of putting paste on Yupo.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10