Sunday, October 4, 2020

AALL & Create Mosaic Stencil - Three Techniques

 

 
Happy Monday friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a few cards I made from some stencil experiments.  I love to take one product and see how many ways I can use it in a sitting.  Today I'm showcasing the Mosaic stencil by AALL & Create.  I'm using Prism Dye Ink Pads in Wild Mushroom, Peacock Green and Thundercloud.


My first background was made by applying Andy Skinner Cosmic Shimmer Resist Paste through my stencil with an ink blender.  This paste is super cool!  It went into all of the tiny crevices of this stencil beautifully and washed off the stencil easily.  I was a little unsure if applying inks over the paste would cause the paste to bleed, but it didn't at all.  I tapped my Prism pads onto my craft mat and spritzed them with water, then dipped the stenciled panel into the wet inks.  What a beautiful effect!  I heat set the panel and the paste melted into the paper for a nice finish.  I made it into a card with another ink dipped panel, a die cut wildflower and a sentiment from the Darkroom Door Warm Wishes stamp set.

The next card uses the same stencil and DTP (direct to paper).  I simply smooshed my ink pads through the stencil in a random fashion.  That's what I love about the Prism Dye Ink Pads, the spongy pad lets you skip the ink blender and use the pad directly.  The result is vivid, with high contrast.  To tone it down a bit, I stamped the Dreams quote stamp by Darkroom Door onto a teabag.  I layered with some crocheted lace and wrapped string.

 
My last card was made by taking the inked stencil from the above background and wetting it, then applying to another panel.  The trick with this is to top the stencil with a scrap sheet of paper and blot it fully, letting the stencil rest for at least one full minute so the ink transfers well.  Notice this background is opposite to the others.  That's because it is the print of the actual stencil, not the reverse like the top two.  I hope this post has given you some ideas to play around with today.  Thanks for joining us!  Hugs, Autumn

 

  Find these amazing products at Topflight Stamps today!






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, it's helpful to focus on techniques when you don't have a project in mind. :)

      Delete

01 09 10