Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I Appreciate You!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday, which means that it's Kathi here with a project to share with you! This week my teammates and I are creating Thank You cards, but somehow I can't quite let go of Halloween season yet. My solution? My focal panel features AALL and Create's fabulous Moody Kittens Clear Set (#171), which features costumed and/or adventurous cats and sentiments, including a thank you!

Here's my card with a background created with Paper Artsy's Yellow Submarine, Autumn Fire, Sage, and Guacamole Fresco Chalk Paints and the  Grid Background Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door.


I started the card by putting a small drop of Autumn Fire Fresco Chalk paint onto my craft mat. My 2" Speedball Brayer was used to spread the paint, which was then randomly brayered to a piece of mixed media cardstock until that drop of paint was gone! 

This process was repeated with each color of paint until the cardstock was colored. There were some blobby bits of dried paint, so I sanded those off using a sanding block

Here's a photo of the brayered cardstock.


The brayered cardstock was cut in half then stamped with the Grid Background Red Rubber Cling Stamp using grey Archival ink. The stamped panel was trimmed to 4" x 5.25", the edges were distressed, then set aside.

The grumpy-looking clown cat from the Moody Kittens Clear Set was stamped onto white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The image panel was die-cut.

The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of the painted cardstock using Onyx Black VersaFine ink, which was heat set. The sentiment was cut with a tiny rectangle die and adhered to an ornamental grey cardstock die-cut.

The image panel and sentiment die-cut were adhered to the reserved image panel, which was then adhered to a grey A2 card. Red gemstones from the Diamond Sparkles Gemstones Festive Selection were added to the top left card and to the sentiment die-cut to finish the card.

If you'd like to learn more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Products Used:




 Autumn Fire and Yellow Submarine Fresco Chalk Paints by Paper Artsy

Sage and Guacamole  Fresco Chalk Paints by Paper Artsy




Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10