Friday, October 2, 2020

It's Time to Celebrate!

 It's Friday, not Tuesday, and it's Kathi here, with a card with you. This week my teammates and I are sharing projects created with the wonderful products by That's Crafty

It's fairly well known that I love all things Steampunk, ranging from Steampunk fiction to the Steampunk aesthetic. So, when That's Crafty released several Steampunk-themed clear stamp sets designed by Kelly Horton, I had to have most of them, especially since several of the stamp sets also had skulls, cats, and owls, which are a few of my favorite things!

Here's my card using two of the gorgeous ladies from That's Crafty's Steampunk Darlings, Set 1, one of the cats from the Steampunk Darlings Accessories Set 2, and a sentiment from Darkroom Door's Celebrate Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp


Two of the gorgeous ladies from That's Crafty's 
Steampunk Darlings, Set 1  and one of the cats from the Steampunk Darlings Accessories Set 2 were stamped with Memento ink, fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, then edged with a black pen. A Clear Stardust Glitter Gel pen was used to add a touch of bling to the hair jewelry on the owl girl. When the gel ink was dry, several layers of Clear Glaze Gel pen were applied to add glossy dimension and shine to them. Gold Stardust Glitter Gel pen was used to add sparkle to the buckles and the center of the cat's medallion.

I found some wonderful Industrial-themed patterned paper by Studio Light in my stash and chose the brick and pipes paper to use as a background. I used some grey Copic markers to add some detail and shadows to the brick. I also trimmed a piece of rusty rivets from another patterned paper pad to use to ground the images.

Truth be told, I could have used the new 6x6 Brick Wall Stencil by That's Crafty  and then used Pipe dies or chipboard (both in my stash). Alternately, I could have applied texture paste, such as Cosmic Shimmer's Lava Paste through the Mechanical Seaworld Pipes Stencil by Stamperia onto the brick stenciled background.  I did contemplate this option, but decided I would use those techniques another time. 

Cutting dies were used to cut white cardstock for the light and the gear behind the clock. The die-cuts were colored with Copic markers. The rub-on clock from a super-old sheet was applied to a die-cut circle that had been colored with a Copic marker. The circle was then added to the gear die. 

The sentiment, from Darkroom Door's Celebrate Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp, was stamped onto white cardstock and die-cut with a tiny rectangle die. White cardstock was trimmed to be slightly larger. The sentiment die-cut and the backer were colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the rest of the piece. 

 A chain and a Nuts and Bolts die were used to cut Silver Metallic Cardstock from the Neenah Creative Collection Premium Metallic Cardstock set.

If you'd like to learn more about my card, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping. 

Topflight Stamps Products Used:












Thanks for visiting today! I'll be back to my regular time next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10