Monday, May 13, 2019

Father's Day | Indigo Blu Bike

Hi everyone Jenny here!  The team are creating cards for Father's Day this week, to give you inspiration in advance of the big day next month. 


For my card, I'm using the 'Ride Long' stamp by IndigoBlu.  It's a mounted red rubber set with a fantastically detailed image, and some unique sentiments - great for the dad in your life who rides!


To create my card I took panel of rustic looking cardstock and stamped the main bike image in a pale grey ink.   I then stamped it again on some copy paper and fussy cut it out.  


I added the mask over the top of the bike with some removable adhesive. I then overlaid the Strobes stencil by Visible Image so the centre was over the bike, and fixed it with some tape.   This stencil is great for all sorts of cards, to create a focal point on your card.

I used some light brown ink and blended it out from the centre of the stencil, fading out towards the edges. I was careful not to go all the way out to the edges to avoid the square edges of the stencil appearing on the card.   

I then went back in with some darker brown ink and blended it just around the centre of the stencil.


I peeled up the stencil and then stamped the sentiments in black ink directly over the stenciled image.  It was mounted onto a white card base, and as a finishing touch, I added Nuvo Clear Drops to the headlight of the bike - I love doing this for vehicle or window images.  

Enjoy your week!

Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10