Monday, May 6, 2019

Studio Light | Simple Wreath

Hi everyone,  and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and I'm joining you with a holiday themed card that can be used any time of year!



It features a wreath image that is beautiful all year round - I love use wreaths as focal points on my cards.    The stamp set I'm using today is by Studio Light - it's the Joy Wreath from their Winter Days collection.  While it's not in stock right now at Topflight, there are other wreathes available at Topflight here.

To create my card, I first stamped the wreath in embossing ink onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock, and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.   I stamped the sentiment in dark red ink directly into the centre.  I also stamped the bird from the set in hybrid black ink which is waterproof.


I colored the berries on the wreath and the bird with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, pulling out the color with a Zig blender pen.  I then trimmed out the bird and edged it with a black marker to hide any imperfections,  before popping it up on foam tape to the bottom of the wreath.

To add some dimension and shine,  I added some Nuvo Drops in clear on some of the berries,  I popped up the panel onto a white card base.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10