Monday, June 3, 2019

Shimmering Butterflies

Hi everyone and thanks for swinging by the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and today I have created a soft and pretty card featuring one of my favorite images - butterflies!



The butterflies I featured today are from For the Love of Stamps - Butterfly Wishes.   
I stamped three of the butterflies in embossing ink and then heat embossed them with purple glitter embossing powder (I used Royal Crush by WOW! but you could get a similar look with Rita Barakat's Kiss of the Fairy).  I then fussy cut them out and set them aside. 



For my card panel I ink blended some pale blue ink over this gorgeous Round Mandala Ornament stencil by Alexandra Renke

I laid the butterflies over panel just to see where I wanted them to go before stamping my sentiment. I used Garden Cuttings by AALL&Create and stamped it in black ink directly onto the panel.



To finish, I adhered the panel to a white card base,  then popped up the butterflies on double layers of foam tape (with a single layer in the centre to give the illusion of fluttering wings) and added a few gems to finish!

Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10