Monday, June 24, 2019

You Are So Special - Focus on Metallic Cardstock

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and I'm joining you today with a card that showcases the Neenah Creative Collection Premium Metallic cardstock.   


The Neenah cardstock is 24 sheets and is metallic on both sides, it comes in four different shades.  



For my card today I wanted to test it with heat embossing.  I chose a sheet of the darkest metallic cardstock, a beautiful smooth silver, and trimmed it to 4.25" x 5.5".  I then used an embossing ink pad and coated three-fifths of the panel by taking the pad to the cardstock directly and swiping it. 

I then heat embossed it with Rita Barakat Dragon's Egg embossing powder, and then repeated it.  



When cool, I overlaid the Alexandra Renke Round Mandala stencil over the heat embossing,  masked off the top half and then used a palette knife to add silver embellishment mousse. 
For my sentiment, I heat embossed in silver the sentiment from Debbi Moore Designs Life Quotes onto black cardstock, die cut it with a stitched rectangle die and popped it up on foam squares.


To finish, I added crystal jewels in certain places on the mandala and then adhered the panel to a white card base. 

As a little bit of news, this will sadly be my last post as a member of the Design Team at Topflight Stamps. I've absolutely loved my time at TFS and unfortunately have had to step away for the time being.  Thank you all for checking in!

Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10