Monday, July 22, 2019

A Little Christmas in July!!

Hello, Karen Bearse here starting off the week on Mix Media Monday, with a little Christmas in July fun! I decided to get my Christmas notebook going so I can start tracking my lists. This can be anything from buying Christmas prezzies, wish lists from my kids, & also most important the crafty things I am liking for the season!



My Christmas List Book started as a store bought notebook. I liked the gold embossed circles & knew they would make a good resist.


Using Fresco Finish paint, watered down to create a water color look made for a nice background. A baby wipe was used to gently clean the paint off the gold circles.
Crafty Individuals

This is a very elegant stamp by Crafty Individuals. I used it for the focal point on my cover.


I started by stamping with Distress Oxides & adding Seth Apter's embossing powder by Emerald Creek in Dusk & Aegean Sea.



Next I gave it a bit of a mix media treatment using alcohol markers to color it & added more Seth Apter embossing powders to create a glossy look. Using an embossing pen simply ink up the areas & sprinkle embossing powder. Tap off the excess & heat set.  I used the transparent emboss from the Mediterranean Kit so the details still show through and with like colors to just give my stamped image a bit of a pop. 

Lastly I cut 2019 out of cardboard, painted it in Claret Fresco Finish & added a layer of Vintage Beeswax Emboss. Popped on a flower & my book is complete.

Products:

PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints in Blues 


Mediterranean Kit  

Vintage Beeswax

Embossing Ink Pad

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you have a chance to get inky.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, you are on top of things! Christmas lists going in July?? =D This is an awesomely decorated notebook to keep track of who's naughty and who's nice (or maybe that's a different list ;-) .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Oh I like the idea of a separate naughty/nice book!! Don't get too excited the list book is done but does not yet have anything in it!

      Delete

01 09 10