Thursday, July 18, 2019

Encouragement Card with Guest Designer Betsy Birge


Hello Everyone!  Betsy here on the blog today giving you a full tutorial of how I created this awesome encouragement card using a Studio Light stamp set called Little Ladies from the Signature Collection of Art by Marlene!


I just love this stamp set and the encouraging words! First I took a piece of watercolor paper cut bigger than an A2 size card base so I could cut it down when I was done. I used 2 shades of Distress Oxide Ink (Mermaid Lagoon and Squeezed Lemonade) and ink smooshed them. I did it about 3 times so I could get my desired coverage, drying in-between. I then splattered my panel with each of the colors, again drying after each time. Then I splattered with water and blotted it off. I dried this with my heat tool.


Once this was dry I cut to 5.25" x 4". Then, using my stamp positioner I stamped the background and the sentiment with a hybrid black ink. Next, I used a Penelope Dee Stencil - Victoria Stencil Abloom, and using Brustus Munroe Glitter Glaze in Fallen Snow, I spread a fairly thin coat over the upper part of the panel and spread it out to about the middle on a diagonal.


While that was drying, I stamped and colored with Copics my main image.  I used a bit of Ink on 3's Liquid Fairy Dust on her eyes and sweat and then fussy cut it out.


Once my background was dry it was time to assemble my card.  For my base I used a top folding A2 size card that matched the Mermaid Lagoon ink color. I adhered my inked and stenciled base to it using very sticky double sided tape since it was watercolor paper. For my main image I used foam tape to pop her up and make her stand out. And that completed my card!


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Below are the products from Topflight stamps that I used:

Topflight Stamps Products Used:

Studio Light, Art by Marleen collection - Little Ladies


Penelope Dee - Victoria Stencil Abloom



1 comment:

  1. Really love how you made your background with so many layers- fun card!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10