Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Spotlight on Fairies


Hello, Topflight Fans!  Toni with you today sharing two cards featuring Lavinia stamps and the spotlight technique (that's what I call it anyway).

To begin each card, I sprinkled Brushos (Purple and Ultramarine for the first card; Ultramarine, Leaf Green and Yellow for the second)  and lightly spritzed with water. Keep in mind that a little Brusho and water go a long way, especially with the more intense colors.


For the first card, I stamped Lavinia Raven using Versafine Onyx Black. I then masked a circle around her.

I stamped a few of the Lavinia Dandelions using Prism Ink French Navy and Nautical Blue. I sponged the same ink along with a touch of Midnight Black around the circle mask.

 

To pull out more of the purple tones I used Prism Blackcurrant Jam along the edges of the card.

 

I used Prism Midnight Black to stamp the PaperArtsy Alison Bomber Wings and Flight 11 sentiment. I stamped off a few times too to get gradation in color.


I used the same techniques for the second card and many of the same products. Additions include using  Lavinia Grace, the Lavinia Forest Spruce stamp as grass and a different one of the Lavinia Dandelions.


To shade the spotlight and edges of the card, this time I used Prism Ink Evergreen and Rainforest Green. For the PaperArtsy Alison Bomber Wings and Flight 11 sentiment I used Nautical Blue. Dreamy!


That's it for me today!  I hope you have a great rest of your week.  

If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Be sure to check out the latest from Topflight Stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10