Monday, August 28, 2023

Adventure Awaits

 Hi all.  MEL PILLING  here.  This week, the Topflight Stamps Team is focussing on fall/autumn.  For this project, I used all LAVINIA STAMPS.


I began by stamping all the trees, using Versafine Clair  in Acorn,  Fallen Leaves, and Nocturne .  I sketched the fence posts on wood grain paper, then cut them out and darkened the edges with watercolour markers.  

The background was done, using Dinkles in Lime Divine ,  Mustard Seed . Deep Yellow , Sepia , Burnt Orange , Magenta  and Chilli Jam.  Once I sprinkled all the Dinkles over they dry card stock, I sprayed with a water mist to wake them up.  Once completely dry, I used a Blender brush and Elements Ink  here and there to deepen the colours. For this I used Emperor Red,  PaprikaRusset OrangeSaharah and Sundance.  Once all this was completely dry,  I stamped my three crows in Versafine Clair Nocturne then glued on the fence posts.  I then drew in the wire for the fence.  I stamped in the berries below the fence and coloured them with Posca Pens. I highlighted the crows, and then added the sentiment.

LAVINIA STAMPS USED









.













These Dinkels are just a delight to use. The colours are so very vivid. I could seriously just sit in my art space and make one background after another all day long.

Thanks so much for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10