Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Card Making with Gel Press

Hello Crafty friends, Mary Key here with "anything goes" today. I like mixing mixed media with gel press, making some backgrounds. I will be using Carabelle Studio Texture Plate Umbrellas and wanted to give it a try into my cards. I am also going to use Carabelle Studio Field Bird 3

I first stamp the bird using Versafine Onyx Black and then I fussy cut some masking paper and added onto the bird before getting my Gel Press, Carabelle Studio Texture Plate Umbrellas and a brayer. I am going to use alcohol inks and white cardstock. 



Added some alcohol ink and then used a brayer to fill my gel plate and then added the Carabelle Studio Texture Plate Umbrellas onto the gel plate and press; then added some acrylic white paint on top of the alcohol ink gel press with the brayer and added my white cardstock on top and took off the masking paper. The detail looks nice.


Then I started coloring the bird with colored pencils and added the word stamp "Sparrows" that came with Carabelle Studio Field Bird 3 with black ink on the sides and then added onto as a main piece of the word stamp. Added some white acrylic splatters and some black ink for splatters and to finish my card used white cardstock. 


I didn't stop here, I had fun making more backgrounds in different colors of alcohol inks and made more cards. It's fun with the gel press and texture plate.


Thanks for coming by and keep creating!

Topflight Stamps Supplies Used:




1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary. I absolutely love your card. Can you tell me what the difference is in the Carabella Texture Plate and a regular stencil. I have never seen how it works before. Do you happen to have a video of how you made your card? Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10