Monday, August 7, 2023

All hail the Magical Unicorn

Hi fellow creative people.  MEL PILLING here.   This week,  the Topflight Stamps design team is spotlighting LAVINIA STAMPS!! Woo Hoo!!!  For this, I decided to do another piece for one of my cupboards in my new art camper. The Lavinia stamps are very close to my heart. Great for card makers, art Journals, bookmarks and much more.





First, I stamped the hares onto the background using
Versafine Clair Ink  in  Nocturne Then I masked off the hares with Masking Paper  and stamped the toadstools. Then I masked off the toadstools also and stamped in the Hedgehogs.

To do the background, I used a Stencil Brush, and a torn paper hill mask. For this I used  Elements Ink .   The sky was done inBlue Lagoon and Sundance then some Distressed Ink in Prize Ribbon.  When I did the sun, I used a small circle mask.  I used torn paper masks and did some washy tape blocking to get my different layers. The grass was done in PineLime Punch , Olive and Sundance .

The mountains were done in Merlot and Mulberry using a hill mask  with some Midnight Blue. The ground was done in Truffle and Sahara. 

I stamped the hares and the toadstools on clean card,  coloured them with watercolour pens, then cut out the main body only. These I glued later onto the landscape.  That way all the small details are showing up when you glue on the bodies later. 

I stamped the bunnies, all the birds and the unicorn in Nocturne, then highlighted them with white gel pen.  I shadowed everything with watercolour markers in greys and greens, and some browns.  The trees were stamped in Nocturne, using a hill mask to stick the trees to the ground line. Note: be conscious of your vertical tree line also. The fence was drawn in with a black pen.  Liquid pearls were used to accent all the flora. 

LAVINIA STAMPS USED






,
.

















.






My lovely husband just built me an art space out of a camper and I am having serious fun personalizing it with my own artwork. 

In my mind, Lavinia Stamps deserve a place of honour in any space that I call my own.  If you haven’t tried Lavinia stamps yet, I seriously urge you to give them a try. You won’t regret it. 


Thank you so much for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10