Monday, October 9, 2023

Mixed Media Layers-Featuring Paper Artsy Fresco Paints

Hi  MEL PILLING  here to demonstrate a Gel Press printed background made with the creamy smooth  Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Paints . Today, I made a trio of prints at the same time. to show you how versatile these paints are. 



.




I began by doing a series of mixed media layers using blends of the Fresco Chalk Acrylic Paints with a Brayer on a few Gelli Presses.  Today I used 6” Round Gel Press, a   6” Square Gel Press  and a 5x7” Rectangle Gel Plate.  I put two or three dots of the fresco paints in several colours on the Gel Plate then used a Brayer to blend together a thin, smooth layer of paint.  I then used bubble wrap, textured stamps, a pallet knife edge, pen ends, stencil brush ends etc. to create impressions in the paint.  This I allowed to dry.  You can add many layers this way.  

Once happy, and dry, I added a thin layer of Haze  (or any pale colour) and placed my clean card on the wet paint. Smooth it down with your hands and leave it to dry. Takes a while. I left mine a few hours.  Then gently pull your card off to see your dynamic creamy smooth print.  The Paper Artsy Fresco Paints I used were   South Pacific , Fishy , Pea Coat , Peach Nectar,  and  Cloud 9 , plus a couple of distress paints in Seedless  Preserve and Spiced Marmalade.  I added some stamped, fussy cut characters and sentiments.   With the circle print, I stuck it to a detailed background made using Lavinia Stamps , to create a bird house in a tree. 

I made the scenes using Blending Brushes with Elements Ink  in  Blue Atoll , Blue Lagoon ,   Dark Denim , Midnight Blue and Mermaid.  I also used these inks to create hills and shading on the other projects.  The tree was stamped using Versafine Clair Inks  in  Medieval Blue , Shady Lane, Acorn , Rain Forest and Nocturne    I then added sentiments. 

These Fresco chalk acrylic paints are full bodied smooth creamy paints. They are great for building really smooth layers,  so you can create dimensional well blended colour  prints on a Gelli Plate.   So let your creative beast out with this fun layering technique.


STAMPS USED















Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10